March 24, 2010

How I Work: Float


This is kind of an easy one.  I honestly can't believe I haven't tried it until now.  This works best in an uncluttered room, which I do not have.  So, I used someone else's space. 


What you need: a tripod, an empty room, a model, and a chair/stool.  I didn't have my tripod with me at the time, so I used a large plastic container.  I took a shot of the empty room then another of me in an awkward position on the chair.



In Photoshop, I opened my two files and placed the model and chair image over the empty room image.  Then, I erased the chair.  Seriously, nothing to it.  When you try this, the light and shadow of the room may need to be adjusted in the photos.  I also added a touch of a shadow on the floor with the Burn tool.

Here's another variation of the shot: